Living as a hunted fugitive has its challenges. King Henry VIII has ordered his bounty hunters to track William Tyndale down and William can almost feel them closing in.
William Tyndale’s calling is to right a great wrong. Church and government authorities have made it illegal to read, write or even speak the sacred Scriptures in English. The most important book ever written is being kept from all but the most educated and powerful people of the day. Sensing that God’s Word is for all people, William defies the authorities and begins the difficult and dangerous work of translating the Old and New Testaments.
This episode of Torchlighters follows William’s adventures as he works in secret to complete his task. Friends and allies will help him along, but enemies may be lurking behind any corner. Children will be challenged by the story of how William risks his life to bring God’s word to England. When they see the sacrifice William is willing to make so that others may read the Bible, their appreciation for the Scriptures will increase.
The William Tyndale Story Features
- Arabic, Cantonese, English, Gutaraji, Hindi, Korean, Mandarin, and Spanish languages with optional English subtitles.
- Stimulating interview with Dr. David Daniell, Tyndale scholar.
- Fascinating interview with actor Russell Boulter, voice of Tyndale.
- Comprehensive leader’s guide with background information, timeline of the period, additional resources, and more.
- Reproducible student handouts, including comprehension and discussion questions, puzzles, activities, coloring, and more.
- Interactive children’s quiz.
Approximately running time: 30 minutes + extras
Christian History Institute